- The Korean Studies Association of Australasia (KSAA) is pleased to hold its 3rd workshop for postgraduate students and early career scholars in Korean Studies on 4 and 5 December, 2014, at the University of South Australia, Adelaide. The workshop is supported by the Korea Foundation, as part of their ongoing effort to support scholarships in Korean studies and foster the field in Australia and New Zealand. NB: the deadline for submissions has been extended to 30 August.
The workshop is designed to provide a forum for young researchers in Korean studies to present original research and receive feedback from senior scholars. The primary goal is to have research students and early career researchers present a proposal for research or a progress report on an on-going research project, and receive constructive comments and suggestions from academics in their respective field.
- Students will also need to obtain a reference letter from their supervisor.
- Recipients of Korea Foundation postgraduate scholarships are particularly encouraged to take part.
Please note that all presenters for accepted papers can have their travel costs reimbursed, provided they are based in Australia or New Zealand.
- Due date for Proposal: 30 August 2014
- Notification of Acceptance: ± 5 September 2014
- Due date for Full Paper: 31 October 2014
- Early career researchers are scholars who have completed their PhD within the last five years.
- A small number of the papers of the workshop will be selected for publication with the International Review of Korean Studies, subject to the outcome of their review process.
- The details of accommodation and travel assistance will be announced later.