June 30-July 1, 2016
University of Auckland in New Zealand
The Korean Studies Association of Australasia (KSAA) invites proposals for the Fourth Biennial Postgraduate Workshop on Korean Studies, to be held on June 30 and July 1, 2016 at the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
The workshop, supported by the Academy of Korean Studies, is designed to provide a forum for postgraduate students and early career researchers in Korean Studies to present original research and receive feedback from established scholars. Postgraduate students and early career researchers, particularly those who have received grants or fellowships from the Korea Foundation or the Academy of Korean Studies, are invited to submit proposals on current or completed research relevant to Korean studies. Submission requires:
• Completed application form (for postgraduate students and early career researchers) with an abstract of no more than 300 words by 31 March 2016.
• A reference letter from thesis supervisor by 31 March 2016 (required for postgraduate student only).
The workshop is also seeking participation by senior scholars as discussants. If you are a senior scholar interested in being a discussant for the Workshop, please submit the expression of interest form by 31 March 2016.
NB: the Workshop is open to the public.
• Due date for presentation proposals & discussant expression of interest: 31 March 2016
• Notification of Acceptance: 15 April 2016
• Due date for Full Paper: 15 June 2016
• Pending final funding, program participants—both presenters and discussants—may expect to have part (or possibly all) of their travel costs reimbursed. Given funding limits, travel grants can only be provided for participants who are based in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
• A few papers presented at the conference will be selected for publication in the International Review of Korean Studies, subject to the outcome of the peer-review.
• The details of accommodation and travel assistance will be forthcoming.
For enquiries, please contact the Conference Secretary Mr. Jacob Cowan at email@example.com.