The Korean Studies Association of Australasia (KSAA) invites proposals for the Fifth Biennial Postgraduate Workshop on Korean Studies, to be held on November 19th-21st, 2018 at the University of Western Australia, Perth.
The workshop, in collaboration with the Center for History of Emotions and supported by the UWA Institute of Advanced Studies and UWA School of Social Sciences, is designed to provide a forum for postgraduate students and Honours students in Korean Studies to present on their research findings, and to receive feedback and career mentoring from established scholars in the field. Postgraduate students are invited to submit proposals on current or completed research relevant to Korean studies. We also welcome applications from Honours degree students (current or recent graduates) in a field related to Korean Studies, and who are planning on embarking on PhD research in near future.
This year’s workshop focuses on enhancing the participants’ professional career development and to provide them with networking opportunities also beyond Korean Studies with the option of taking part in the Centre for History of Emotions/Institute of Advanced Studies symposium on East Asian migrations immediately after the KSAA workshop concludes.
In order to apply to take part, please submit the following documents no later than 31stJuly 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A completed application form (available for download here) with an abstract of no more than 300 words.
- A short reference letter from thesis supervisor detailing progress and perceived benefits of taking part by 31stJuly2018.
- Preference may be given to HDR students who have not submitted their thesis yet.
- The abstract should be on the thesis topic.
- Due date for presentation proposals: 31stJuly 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: mid-August 2018
- Due date for full presentation paper: 30th October 2018
Accommodation costs for two nights and a partial funding toward the travel costs up to $400 will be provided to successful candidates. As the funding is targeted to support postgraduate students and Honours students based in Universities in Australasia, travel grants can only be provided for participants who are based in Australia or New Zealand.
For enquiries, please contact the Workshop Convenors:
Dr Jo Elfving-Hwang (email@example.com)
Dr Nicola Fraschini(firstname.lastname@example.org)