Category Archives: Conferences
KSAA-AKS Korean Studies conference and KSAA Postgraduate Workshop — PROGRAM
Call for Papers: KSAA-AKS international Korean Studies conference and 7th KSAA Postgraduate Workshop — ANU, Canberra, 4-6 December 2023
The Korean Studies Association of Australasia and the Academy of Korean Studies are pleased to announce a joint Korean Studies conference, on 5 and 6 December 2023, at ANU’s main campus in Canberra, Australia (with registration taking place on 4 December in the afternoon). It will be preceded by a one-day KSAA postgraduate workshop, on 4 December. Both the workshop and conference will be primarily in-person events. Continue reading
Editorial Assistant Support Opportunity for PhD Students in Korean Studies
Dear Student Researchers in Korean Studies,
The KSAA is currently seeking a student researcher to provide editorial assistance for the KSAA Newsletter 2022–2023 edition. If you are interested, please express your interest to Hyein Cho by Monday, 8 May.
- Hours: Up to 10 hours
- Rate: AUD 40 per hour
- Duties: Provide editing support to the KSAA team (e.g. proofreading, formatting)
- Requirement: Availability between Monday 15 May 2023 and 31 May 2023
- Preference will be given to:
- Those pursuing research degrees in New Zealand (as student researchers from New Zealand are relatively under-represented in KSAA activities)
- Those not currently receiving scholarships or who have completed their PhD submissions and are no longer receiving scholarships
- Those with previous editorial assistant experience
We apologise for the short notice. For any queries, please contact Hyein Cho . Thank you.
Queering The Korean Wave: An International Symposium, Macquarie University, Sydney, 8–9 December 2022.
Queering The Korean Wave: An International Symposium
Department of Media, Communications, Creative Arts, Languages, and Literature, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
8 to 9 December 2022 Continue reading
ANZCA 2022 conference keynote on AI and media culture by Prof. Lev Manovich
Please join us for the KSAA co-sponsored virtual Australian & New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA) 2022 Conference keynote talk by esteemed Professor Lev Manovich.
Date/time: 23 November, 9:30am to 10:55am, AEST.
Title: One Billion Rembrandts? Generative AI Revolution and Media Culture Continue reading
Filed under Conferences, Public lectures/talks